Sunday 7 December 2008

What a West Ham fan said to me on Saturday night...

'It's do or die'.

Seriously, get a fucking grip mate.

He's bricking it due to abuse he dished out to Spurs fans about certain Ramos inspired relegation (pre-Redknapp) and was gutted when 'arry took over and is even more gutted now due to the fact that what people felt was a given is now a shared reality between several clubs from mid-table downwards, including Zola's claret and blue.

Reminded me how bloody dramatic all us lot were with our knee-jerked reactions to possible life in The Championship.

Still, if we lose at Upton Park and then lose again to Man Utd at home then we might get sucked into the bottom three again. But we'll be safe. Along with West Ham. Thanks mainly to the form of Sunderland, Newcastle, WBA and Blackburn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog but wonder why you don't list on newsnow?
I much prefer you to that cock who surrounds himself with sycophants 'Harryhotspur'

Anonymous said...

This blog is a little hidden away from the limelight.

And that 'cock' is apparently a female.

Anonymous said...

Harry Hotspur is now hosted on a networked blog site, no? That means guaranteed exposure along with the NewsNow articles. Spooky you not writing for Caught Offside anymore?

Anonymous said...

I don't mind Harrys blog. Very different to this one. I think Harry has his (hers???) own style. Spooky goes from fantasist (gatecrashing WHL, Levys mansion, the Lodge)to mellon collie and then rabid (dear mr levy letters) and then factual. It's never the one style. Not seen a DML letter for some time now.

Do enjoy letters and field reports best.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe nobody has asked the most relevant question to this discussion.

Is 'Harry' fit?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Harrys blog gets the most hits out of the Spurs blogs I visit. Seems to have a huge base of followers who inundate each post. This place is linked in from several websites/blogs but not sure the content is newsnow safe. I know one or two people who just dont get spookys blog and just need something far more black and white. Not that Harrys site is that. I think both are a little offbeat in places.

Phil Cornwalls 'Spurs Show' is also very good. Maybe a DML podcast will up Spooks popularity?

spooky said...

Podcasts? Hmmm I wonder...

Don't think there are that many big big Tottenham blogs out there. Harrys is the most popular based on comments etc. My stats in the past have shown I have plenty of traffic coming in and I have quite a number of people who have tagged this place (followers) along with the people signed up for email updates. But I don't really push it other than being linked from several places. Always found NewsNow messy and judging by my articles on Offside, some people don't quite grasp what I do. Which is fair enough. This blog was born out of the Glory Glory forum and compared to COYS and FTL (or whatever its called), the type of Spurs fan and humour are very different.