Tuesday 17 July 2007

Goodbye Mido

From an Egyptian website:

Egyptian star striker Ahmed Hossam "Mido" is set to join Birmingham city on loan starting from next season, according to the player himself.

"Both sides have agreed terms. I will move on a one-year-loan deal to Birmingham worth 1 million and at the end they could by my contract for 5 million if the club survives in the Premier League," said Mido to FilGoal.com.

"Birmingham's offer is the best I had received especially that I chose to stay in England," added Mido.

The 24-year-old striker also confirmed Birmingham's interest in his fellow teammate Hossam Ghaly but said his case is different as he will move on a permanent base.

"I would love to have him (Ghaly) with me in the same team."

Mido confirmed that the contracts should be signed on Monday night or maximum Tuesday morning.



Thank God for Steve Bruce. Not much more to say than that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

£1M now. £5M later. Good bit of business.